This year was interesting...

So. 2016 is almost over. We got a new president (I want to move to Canada... Or Germany or Poland or Russia or Mars. Anybody with me?), we lost many people who will be missed, and we have gained more experiences and laughed and cried and screamed, but above all, we have lived.

2016. You've been a good one.

I'm still in shock that we lost so many people: David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Prince, Muhammad Ali, Christina Grimmie, Gene Wilder... The list could go on and on. Some names that jump out at me are Alan Rickman, Christina Grimmie, and Gene Wilder. Alan Rickman played Severus Snape in the Harry Potter films, and Gene Wilder played Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. These were both films I grew up watching, and they impacted me greatly. The Harry Potter films taught me to believe in magic and to be unique... And Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory taught me that I can still be a kid at heart. I also mentioned Christina Grimmie because she had such a beautiful voice. her voice had raw, natural talent, but we lost her too soon.

We lost too many people too soon.

But I also have many things to be thankful for: I've made new friends, wrote new things, lost friends, gained new ones, got my tonsils out, and I laughed, I cried, but above all, I lived. 2016 was a good one.

Also, today is my birthday! (Just thought you guys should know, haha.) I'm 15. My goodness. Time really flew over the past year.

I wish you all a merry Christmas, a happy new year, and a great 2017.

~ Indi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Welcoming Post of Sorts

back from the dead // some life updates, the future of this blog, and new projects

dear sophomore year (and a few ramblings and apologies)